Cherry Blossom Roll Cake For the People In Japan

Last Friday there was a biggest disaster happened in Japan that thousands of people lost their lives as well as homes. I am deeply sadden and seeing the aftermath of the disaster was really heart breaking for us.

Was watching CNA with hubby and son before breakfast, and the energy of the news really affected me quite a bit. I guess my little boy could read my energy while watching the news and with all the pictures of what's left behind made me wanna give them a hand..... But I know I am way too small for this massive damage( Besides making some donations). We all were quiet in front of the TV and suddenly my 3 year old boy turned to the daddy and said :'' Daddy, can I go there to help them?'' . This is totally unexpected, and I am very touched by his simple minded thought. Yes, I really wish we could help them......

March should be the most beautiful season in Japan, as Cherry Blossom blooms every where. But for this year it's be an exception. I can't change the fact that the situation in Japan is so much more to do before they can see the LIGHT again, but I wish to bring them some warmth and my support( mentally) with this cake , and wish every things will be recover in no time, which I do believe they will as Japanese are well known for their efficiency. A Cherry Blossom roll cake for all the people in Japan and wish them with all my heart to rebuild their homes and lives really soon.





A roll cake that filled with all the Japanese flavours consist of dried Cherry Blossoms and red bean paste.

Comments

CaThY said…
Pretty swiss roll with the dried cherry blossoms :)
Hi there, It is really great to hear that more and more people are giving them support. Nice cake too!
DG said…
Your roll is beautiful & artistic!
Cosy Bake said…
cathy, DG,

thanks!


Weng,

Glad you are one of the supporters for them. Thanks!
Umm Mymoonah said…
Hi there, We too pray for the people of Japan and do as much as we can.
BTW your cake looks lovely.
Cosy Bake said…
thanks Umm mymoonah. We allshall pray for them....
hanushi said…
Pretty swiss roll!
Stella said…
Do you have any idea where to buy dried cherry blossoms online? Your cake is so lovely!
Cosy Bake said…
Hi Stella,

You can buy the dried/pickled cherry blossom from
http://www.cuoca.com/. Thanks!

Popular Posts