Japanese Cheese Cake



I really love to see the smooth and light brown top skin of the cake.



















This is a cake that many people would love and not getting tired of. Before getting to this recipe by Alex Goh, which many blogger been baking it. I was trying out a recipe I learnt while I was holiday in Hong Kong before I become a mother. However, I couldn't get it right after countless of tryings!! How upset!! It was my best recipe of Japanese cheese cake, I ever have. But after more than 2 years since my last bake of it, I guess I have lost some of the 'Tricks' required in the recipe to produce a light, fluffy and tall Japanese cheese cake. The result was simply so amazing that the cake won't ' Sit Down' after it comes out from the oven and suppose it will stay tall for days. ( But it never lasted more than a day) It's just like the one selling at Fiesta. But I have lost it. Really can't recall what was the crucial step that I have missed.......  When I have a chance to Hong Kong again, I will definitely go back for the baking lesson again.




Comments

Kitchen Corner said…
WOW!! My number 1 favorite Japanese cheesecake. I really love this kind of soft cheesecake and Alex Goh's recipes are quite a good one! Your cheesecake bake so nicely without a little crack. That's a totally successful and successful bakes!
Hearty Bakes said…
Jap cheese cake is my family favourite. I love the nice smooth top of your cheese cake. The texture looks light & nice.
Happy Flour said…
This look absolutely very soft and light. I'm drooling already. :)
Cosy Bake said…
Happy Flour, Jessie, kitchen Corner,

Thanks so much for all your compliments. I would like try Feather light cheese cake next. After seeing Jessie's post, It really lured me to bake one soon!! Ha ha...
Anonymous said…
Hi may I know where u got ur nice pink plate!? It's beautiful! Nice bake too
Jojo
Cosy Bake said…
Hi Jojo,

The pink plate is from Daiso!
No cracks and nicely brown! Pretty!
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks Blessed homemaker. I was pretty surprise to see the nice and smooth top too!
Chiffon Queen said…
Remember to share your recipe after you master it again k :) I will surprise my hubby on his birthday in Dec. Hope it is in time. ha ha :)
Anonymous said…
Honey boy,

Our another favourite besides Chiffon. Do share the recipe once you master it k. I will surprise my husband on his birthday in Dec, hope it is in time (no stress ya) :)


Cheers,
Chiffon Queen
Cosy Bake said…
Chiffon queedn,

Great to see you here!! Well, this is quite an easy cake to make as long as you beat the egg whites well and folding part must be done gently to avoid deflation. This particular recipe I adapt from Alex Goh, apparently it works for everyone! Dec is still very far from now, I am very sure you will matter it before due.
Siewhwee said…
Hi, my cake always shrink after trying out many times. I have tried beating egg white at different stages but still couldn't find out what has gone wrong. I hope you can help me with the following questions. Can you remember if you unmould the cake immediately after baking or leave the cake in oven with the oven door ajar? Do you line the sides of the cake tin? How many eggs and what cake pan size did you use? I used 4 eggs and found it was too much for 8" cake pan. I wonder if I had over beaten the egg white?
Cosy Bake said…
Siewhwee,

yes, i unmold the cake immediately after out from the oven,and I lined the tin.

I halved the recipe, so I used 2 eggs for my 6 inch round tin. did you beat the egg white till soft peak?
Siewhwee said…
Hi Honeyboy, thanks for your reply. I have beaten egg white till soft peak but not sure if it's the right soft peak. I have no problem with stiff peak for chiffon cake. I don't know why I cannot get the right soft peak. Sigh...
Anonymous said…
For some reason everything looks great after I baked BUT the top doesn't brown much at all~ Please help!
Cosy Bake said…
Anonymous ,

You may wanna try baking the cake closer to the top heat?

Popular Posts