English Bread 2


I love the cracking top. It seems to tell the story of this beautifil loaf.





One of the most frequently made bread would be this English bread. Besides it's the most versatile bread to enjoy, it's also one of the most challenging bread to make. It may be just one simple white loaf, but the result could be vary from many different type of textures. I have many different recipes to make this humble loaf, and the methods are very similar. However, the result are pretty much individual. To get the best result, we must follow the instructions in the recipe closely!

My first English bread posted some time ago, and it is my favorite. And I found my second best this time! The kneading is just the 1/3 rolling method without all the lifting and bashing. And what I got was a loaf of smooth and extremely soft loaf. I started to make some marks on the book, to see what will be the next bread for me to explore. My hubby and son finished up more than half a loaf, and each time my lil one had a bite, he gave me that " Mmmhh...."sound! And I know I have done a great job!


Ingredients:

Special Bread flour. 250g
Salt. 4g
Sugar. 10g
Instant yeast. 2g
Milk. 50g
Warm water. 125g
Unsalted butter. 8g


Method:

1. Mix all dry ingredients with milk and water to form a rough dough. Add in butter and mix till all the butter well incorporated in the dough.

2. Dust the work top with a little flour and do the folding method to knead the dough till smooth and springy.

3. Leave the dough in the bowl and cover with cling film, let it rise till double the volume.

4. Punch the air out after it's well risen, and reshape the dough in a ball and let it have another rise for about 35 minutes.

5. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and let them rest for another 15 minutes, cover with a piece of cloth.

6. Shape the dough and put them in the bread tin and have the final rise for About one hour.

7. Bake the dough in a preheated oven at 200'c for 30 minutes. Cool the bread in wire rack after it's baked.

Comments

Popular Posts