Doughnuts

Simple ring doughnut
The twisted doughnuts




Today have every mood to make bread..... So I decided to try out the doughnut recipe. We had it for tea! I am quite a doughnut lover. But I find those selling outside have got very strong shortening taste (I' m sure they use shortening in their doughnuts) . So I find this homemade ones are healthier. :)
This doughnut turned out to be very light and soft. But I find it a little plain. I'd have added small amount of vanilla to the dough to give a little lift of the taste. Yet, with the help of cinnamon powder with the sugar coating, it'd do the trick. I am not too keen with cinnamon, so I skip that. The colour of the doughnuts look rather dark, as it's made of butter. But I don't mind!
During the kneading process, it's got a very friendly dough. Very easily I got the smooth and springy dough that rise up very well and so easy to handle. It's so fun to see the doughnuts frying in the oil and puffed up so nicely!
.
Ingredients:
Bread flour 200g
Yeast 4g
Sugar 15g
Salt 3g
Unsalted Butter 15g
Milk 25g
Warm Water 100ml
Coating:
Castor Sugar + Cinnamon Powder
.
Method:
1. Mix all ingredients together and knead to get a smooth and springy dough. Leave the smooth dough to rise for 1 hour.
2. Bring the dough to work top and release the air. You may cut them into small portion for the number of doughnut you want and let them rest for 5 minutes, after the 5 minutes resting, shape the doughnut manually. Alternately just leave the dough as one and rest for 10 minutes, then use a doughnut cutter to cut out each doughnut.
3. Place the doughnuts on a tray dust with flour to prevent the dough stick to the paper. Let the dough rise for 20 minute before frying.
4. Heat up a pot of oil with medium high heat. Fry the well risen doughnuts about 15-20 seconds each side. They cooked very quickly. After it's cooked, rest them on a paper hand towel for 5 minute then put them in a big plastic bag filled with sugar and cinnamon powder and give it a good shake to let the bread coated with sugar.

Comments

Popular Posts